This Policy was updated on the 15th of June 2018.
Please note that Tunnll App may contain links to third-party Web sites. Any access to and use of such linked Web sites is not governed by this Policy but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party Web sites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party Web sites.
For using Tunnll App and Tunnll Services, you have to provide us with the following personal data relating to you:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your IP address
- Your physical location
- Language information
- Device name and model; operating system type, name, and version
- Your activities within the App
If you contact us, we will collect whatever information you choose to provide in your correspondence with us often this includes your phone number, email address or other contact details.
We also invite you to contribute information in and on our Tunnll App, including your comments in spam reports, spam category, name corrections and any other information that you would like to be available on Tunnll App.
We may process your information for marketing and promotional purposes based on your consent. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to
- send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or
- information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our services on third-party Web sites.
We may share your personal data with:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Business Users. We may provide your information to business users of our products (e.g., user support centres) so that they can improve their calling operations and marketing practices.
- Tunnll App and Tunnll Services user. Because your information may be used for validation of information in our database, we may disclose your information to users of the Tunnll App and Tunnll Services that rely on our database of information.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or another legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregated, de-identified information or IP address information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
We process personal data only for so long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, after which it will be deleted or archived except to the extent that it is necessary for us to continue to process it for the purpose of compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject or for another legitimate and lawful purpose. We may retain some of your information even after you uninstall or disable an App or close your account, except if you instructed us otherwise.
In particular, we may for an indefinite period process your call logs and spam reports, which you granted us, access to before uninstalling or disabling an App or closing your account. We do this strictly for statistical purposes, in order to enable us improving our algorithms and our services. We will not use these data for any other purposes, and the processing will have no effect on you or any other natural person. The data will not be shared with any third parties either, and we respond appropriately to ensure that your data is safe with us.
You have the following rights in relation to personal data relating to you that we process:
- You may request access to the personal data concerned (please see the section on obtaining access to your personal data below)
- You may request that incorrect personal data that we are processing be rectified
- Under certain circumstances, you may be entitled to request that we erase the personal data concerned
- Under certain circumstances, you may be entitled to request the restriction of processing of your data
- In certain cases, such as cases where your personal data is processed for the purposes of direct marketing, or (with certain conditions) where the processing is based on the legitimate interest of a third person, or ours you may be entitled to object to processing.
- In certain cases, you may also have the right to receive personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller.
- Where we are processing personal data relating to you on the basis of your prior consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time, after which we shall stop the processing concerned. This, however, does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before it was withdrawn.
- If you have a complaint about any processing of your personal data being conducted by us, you can contact us or lodge a formal complaint with a supervisory authority; in particular, in the European Union member state of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the infringement of your rights took place. The list of competent supervisory authorities is available here.
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Tunnll App for a period. Please note that we may be required to ask you for further information in order to confirm your identity before we provide the information requested.
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer/phone, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your login and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
In case you have given your consent to this, we may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 30 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
- I have read and agree to the “Tunnll terms of service for iOS and Android apps and website”
- I agree to my data being stored and used to receive the newsletter
- I agree to receive information and commercial offers